🛑 Stop Doing This:
“Hi everyone – I am looking for a new role and would appreciate your support. Thank you in advance for any connections or opportunities you can offer.”
Instead…Do This ✔️:
- Write down every outside the cockpit skill set you have
- Figure out what problems you can solve…other than flying
- Project Management?
- Technical Writing?
- Instructional Design?
- Get on LinkedIn 💻
- Search for companies that might need these skills
- Target 🎯 pilots, HR, Directors, and Chief Pilots with comments to learn more about how these problems are negatively affecting them
- Post about how you’ve solved problems like this in the past
- Telling quick stories works best. Companies are always looking for problem solvers…
- Follow this format when telling your stories
- What was the problem?
- Why did it exist?
- How did you solve it?
- Repeat this process over and over; you’ll be getting interviews while others are firing off resumes into the trash can
91% of recruiters are on LinkedIn daily while only 43% of pilots use the platform.
You know emailing resumes doesn’t work so why keep on doing it ❓
✔️ Recruiters hire pilots they know will solve their problems and ease their pain points.
❌ They don’t hire pilots who email in resume after resume.
INTERESTED IN MORE AVIATION NEWS?