Get on LinkedIn immediately…
You have a 3% chance of getting a job if you apply online.
Because recruiters are receiving around 300 new pilot resumes per week with an average flight time of 8400 hours.
75% of resumes will be denied by a RESUME SCANNER before a human ever looks at it.
Of the 25% that recruiters actually see, they will only spend 6 to 8 seconds reviewing each.
64% of new pilots hired were as a result of an internal referral
Only 7% of pilots are ever successful at getting someone on the inside to walk their stuff in.
Because they don’t know someone on the inside and networking is challenging.
Get on LinkedIn and do the following:
- Follow companies you want to work for.
- Search people at those company’s and connect to them.
- Every connection request needs to come with a personalized note or your connection rate will suck.
- Get your connection to talk about them, their company, what they like and dislike about working there.
- Identify problems their company is having that you can solve: safety, training, mentoring, etc.
- Show them that you clearly understand their problems and can solve them.
- Position yourself as either the best or only solution for their problems. If you can be both the best and only solution…even better!
- Show them you are a good cultural fit.
Costco gives out free samples because showing is always better than telling. Don’t tell people how smart, great, whatever you are…SHOW THEM through your comments and posts.
Do this and you’ll get a job.
Companies will be asking for your resume instead of you blindly emailing them.
Don’t forget, you need to come across as:
- Sharp as a tack
- An expert
Want us to review your profile?
Already confidently using LinkedIn?
Here’s What Clients Are Saying About LinkedIn:
“Thank you! It looks awesome. I kid you not, I’ve already been contacted by a company today looking to do a phone interview…I appreciate all the help. Thanks!” T.H. Legacy Airline Pilot
“When you quoted me I was shocked. I worked with a competitor and they charged me far less for the whole thing; resume, app, and prep. I can really see why you guys are worth the money. You’ve spent more time with me on one thing then they did on the whole thing.” S.W. Legacy Airline Pilot
“Looks like Graham does good work. My LinkedIn profile was updated yesterday and I got a comment on my resume today. I’ve never had anyone make a comment on my resume before.” M.M. Furloughed Pilot
WATCH this SHORT video with 2 aviation HR professionals